Character Performance Animation – Dialogue Options

In this term, we will have another character performance animation practice as a continuation from the last term. And for this time, there must be 2 characters that interact with each other.

In today’s class Luke briefed and showed several videos regarding this topic. And for the first task, each of us need to find 3 short dialogues as options and upload it to Ftrack by 3pm today. Luke will choose which audio is the best and suitable for our character performance animation.

I quickly browsed several films and videos for suitable dialogues and ended up with multiple options. I chose the best 3 dialogues that I think can be interesting to animate. And the 3 dialogues that made into the final cut were short scenes from The Terminal (film), Avatar (film) and Tiberian Sun (Game cutscene).

My first choice was of course the dialogue from my favourite game, Tiberian Sun. But when I compiled the audio, I intentionally put Tiberian Sun at the last place to make it look like it was my last choice. And turned out, Luke really chose that dialogue!

The next task now is to personally acting out the dialogue and record it as a reference footage for the animation. This made me a bit nervous because I don’t have talent in acting. We will then required to upload the acting video to Ftrack next week so Luke can give feedback and opinion to it.