Stylised Walk (Correction)

(Term 1: Week 5)

This week we don’t have any new animation task except to polish and make correction to the previous week stylised walk animation based on Luke feedbacks from Ftrack Reviews.

Feedbacks Summary
– The timing is nice
– Not enough overlapping at the spine
– Add more overlapping to the wrists and the head
– Fix the hip orientation

Feedbacks Screenshots

Spine
Wrist and hand
Head
Hip

My animation is quite weak in terms of overlapping motion and I need to practice more regarding this. To achieve a nice stylised animation, more overlapping and exaggerated poses are required.

I have also made mistakes to the hip orientations and some of them are completely in the opposite direction. The ‘thepp’ character actually does not have a very visible hip and it look almost the same even after I have greatly rotated it. I may want change my character for the next animation task.

So I proceed to fix the animation. Changing the spines and hip rotation does effected the other body parts especially to the arms and legs. It’s not too bad but since all the walk cycle already done, the fixing become a bit tricky. I followed the same step to finalise the body motion first, followed by the legs, to arms, wrists and lastly, the head.

After everything finished, I put some lightings and rendered the scene using Arnold Render.

Final Animation